I noticed I started going to bed late on Sunday nights thinking that might make it better. Like maybe if I don’t sleep, Monday won’t happen but inevitably Monday’s always come.
I tried all sort of things to stop hating Sunday nights like forcing myself to not think about work, refusing to review my weekly calendar, and trying to make Sunday nights extra fun with dessert, friends, or favorite TV shows, but nothing really worked.
Then one day I overheard someone talk about how they loved Monday’s. I judged them, wondered what drugs they were taking, and put them on my crazy list.
But I became curious how this was even a thing. In my brain, not dreading Mondays was not an option.
What would it be like to love Mondays or even just not hate them? How would that work? What would be different?
What if I never got the Sunday night blues again?
I decided to start managing my mind and choosing to think certain ways about Monday on purpose. I checked my weekly calendar on Sunday and thought about how productive my week was going to be. I thought how Monday’s are a fresh start. I decided to love Sunday nights because I could look back at the fun I had all weekend.
And guess what, it totally worked.
I still get the Sunday night blues every now and again, but only when I’m not actively choosing thoughts that serve me better.
Give it a try and let’s connect if you are having a hard time finding a thought that works. Sign up for a free mini session at www.lindsaybuchancoaching.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motivation is optional
I’m a total planner. Every week I schedule exactly what I’m going to do and when I’m going to do it. I leave some wiggle room for last minu...
-
Last week a coworker reached out because they were so frustrated with their manager canceling their 1:1’s. Our conversation when a little so...
-
You’ve accepted the offer and are excited to figure out what your new job is really going to be like because let’s be hone...
-
Have you ever set a goal and been super excited and dedicated to it for a few weeks and then just given up because it’s hard and not fun? G...
No comments:
Post a Comment